Past Due Fines

There are many avenues Municipal Court can take to collect on past due fines.  Below are some of the most commonly used methods.  

An Indigency/Good Cause Hearing will be held on your behalf.  At this hearing you will have the opportunity to prove your indigence or give good cause as to why you have not paid your citation.  If the Judge agrees you are indigent or you have proven good cause, a new payment plan may be set up.  If you fail to appear, prove your indigence or that you had good cause, a Warrant will be issued for your arrest.  You will be housed at the Dodge County Justice Center in Juneau until you pay the fine or have served the required amount of time to satisfy the debt.  Debt satisfaction is set at $50 credit for each day served in jail.  

Your Wisconsin driver's license will be suspended for a period of up to two (2) years for any unpaid traffic fine.  When the traffic fine is paid in full the suspension on your license will be released and you will be eligible to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles to reinstate your driving privileges.

The Wisconsin Department of Revenue's Tax Interception Refund Program (TRIP) is an avenue available to courts to collect fines, forfeitures and restitution.  The court will certify the debt with DOR whereby your Wisconsin state taxes will be sent directly to the certifying court until the amount certified is paid in full.